Create and stream high quality videos to online services like YouTube and create offline video capture projects with lovely transitions.
Designed for online video streamers on platforms like YouTube and Twitch.TV, OBS Studio is video capture and video broadcasting software for sharing live video streams.
The application has a wonderful setup interface, making it a quick and easy task to setup immediate streaming with a long list of online platforms. It's minimalist in design and setup but highly effective.
Apart from live online streaming, the program functions perfectly as a capable video capture application which can save captured video to disk in a variety of formats like MOV, MKV, MP4, etc.
Stream quality can be configured in the application and depending on available bandwidth, a 4K resolution is possible.
OBS Studio has a developer API which makes creating and download plug-ins easy and flexible. Within the program, you can also create transitions between scenes for a professional look.
With OBS Studio, creating video from different sources is one of its main highlights, making capture of video game play, text, images, desktop recordings and more possible.
All in all, we're looking at a highly flexible video capture application perfect for gamers and other online streamers.
Features of OBS Studio
- Integrates with Facebook, Twitch, Vimeo and YouTube.
- Audio Mixer: Customizable audio mixer with filters.
- Hotkeys: Assign hotkeys for easy access to key functions.
- Multi-Track Audio Recording: Record up to 8 audio sources.
- Multiplatform Support: Stream and record on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Plugins: Add custom effects and built-in plugins.
- Recording: Record video, audio, or both.
- Replay Buffer: Save replays of your broadcasts.
- Scene Preview: Preview scenes before switching.
- Scenes: Create and manage multiple scenes.
- Streamlined UI: Intuitive and modern design.
- Transition Effects: Create smooth transitions between scenes.
- Video Capture: Capture desktop, game, webcam and IP camera.
- Video Filters: Add custom video filters.
- Video Preview: Preview videos before broadcasting.
Compatibility and License
OBS Studio is available for free and released under the open source GPLv2 license on Windows from video capture software. The license provides the options to freely download, install, run and share this program without any restrictions. The source code for OBS Studio should be freely available and modifications are certainly permitted as well as the option to inspect the software.
OpenBroadcasterSoftware accepts donations for the continued development of this free software.
What version of Windows can OBS Studio run on?
OBS Studio can be used on a computer running Windows 11 or Windows 10. It comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit downloads.
Other operating systems: The latest OBS Studio version from 2023 is also available for Mac.
- OBS Studio Download
- Free Video Capture Software
- Open source and GPL software
- Screen Capture Software